Archive for the ‘links’ Category
It’s been a long while, just decided to shoot out some useful links from the blogosphere to you all.
Time to link to those articles by fellow bloggers!
Sit back, and enjoy reading:
Hi there! It’s been a long time since I gave out links. Just wanted to reciprocate to all those guys who’ve linked to me in the past few weeks! So here we go!
I’m also anxiously waiting for the PageRank bar to turn green here, my wishes to all of you too!
Read the rest of this entry »
Before I get to link to those rocking posts by fellow bloggers, let me tell you about Kuanhoong’s blog that lets you make money at home. He brings some rocking posts like how you can drive traffic to your blog from Twitter, the importance of Keyword Selection, has a useful guide on using Google Webmaster Tools, has an interesting article on branding your face on the internet, checking keyword density of your blog, making money online with Videos, and many more. Overall, his blog makes up for an interesting and worthy read if you like to know more about making money online. Note that this short review is an entry for his 100 USD contest. You can also review his blog, and make yourself eligible to win $100.
Here are more things for you to read from other bloggers:
Read the rest of this entry »
The time has come again to send out links Here are some great posts that I read this week:
- Nirmal reviewed the iBall 2 GB Flash Drive:
- Dj Flush wrote about how you can backup Firefox and Thunderbird configurations:
- Joel wrote a guide on how to lock and hide folders in Windows with any third party software:
- Shashank tells you about the BBC iPlayer on-demand television viewing program:
- Vijeesh on Technospot tells you how to protect your passwords from KeyLoggers:
- Ken Xu has a write up on modifying general WordPress Settings:
- Gili tells you how to change your Windows Live Messenger password
- Ram Karthik lists 7 reasons why commenting on other blogs is good
- Benedict lists Top 5 alternatives to Windows Notepad
- Mayank lists the benefits of using Google Gears
- Ram alerts you about the image version of Google News:
- Pallab has an extensive guide on Reinvigorate – Website Analytics tool:
- Madhur tells you about the Seagate 1 TB Hard Disk:
- Ashwin tells you why animation movies are blockbusters most of the time:
The USB drive is extremely compact, light weight and can be carried even in the wallet, but you need to be careful with the body as it can damage the drive with rough use. Transfer rate and performance is good and comparable with other USB drives. It would have been better if they can provide a cap like other drives.
This is one great tool that can make a backup of all your Firefox settings on the fly. Not only does it create a backup of your Firefox settings only but you can also use this tool to create backups of a wide range of mozilla products
Many try to find and install software to lock and hide private folders in the PC. But here is an easy method of locking and hiding folders in Windows without any additional software
BBC is all set to launch its iPlayer a On Demand television viewing program that will let the users download their favorite programs and watch them when they want to
Our aim here is to confuse the Keylogger by making it log some gibberish instead of our valid password
1. What settings on WordPress should you have set?
2. What kind of plugins that you really need to have?
3. How to tweak your theme without making any word attempt on the template?
Lately, a colleague asked me about the steps to take in order to change a Windows Live Messenger password that he had forgotten. Apparently, due to the recent Microsoft re-branding of its messenger service, there is a lack of clarity regarding the exact procedure that needs to be applied, so I would like to use this opportunity to clarify a bit
Bloggers who are new to blogging donâ€™t spend their time commenting on other blogs. But this is a great way to increase traffic, back links and many more.
Notepad is one of the few tools that is been a part of Windows operating system and which have not been evolved since its initial release. Notepad is simple to use and lacks many features / enhancement. So it is always better to look for a replacement, which will overcome all known issues of Notepad.
Google Gears is a small utility which was launched by Google as an extension for Google Reader. This utility allows you to download the posts for offline viewing and then later synchronizes them when you go online.
Google News launched a new image version, to see it in action go to Google News, currently it appears to me that it is only available in US. The new version adds a text link â€œImage Versionâ€ on the home page when you click this link you will see News Images as square thumbs. Mouse hover any news image its related story will be pulled to top on the right side of the screen.
Reinvigorate is a new free web analytics service. It offers everything that a standard website metrics service provides, but it offers so much more. Reinvigorate sports a very clean and well organised web interface, thatâ€™s not only functional but also fast. Letâ€™s have a look at various reports offered by Reinvigorate.
Seagate has announced the availablity of its 1 TB hard disk for a wide range of consumer desktop PC applications .The new disk will use 4 discs to store 1 TB of data , claiming that it will provide cool temperatures and less power consumption which in turn will help extend the driveâ€™s life.
Irrespective of what others feel, I think Animation (NOT Cartoon) movies are for all kids from 6 to 60 to enjoy. Do you know there are at least 6 animation movies in the IMDb Top 250 movies of all time?
Hope you’ll have a great Sunday reading them Also, don’t miss my guest post on Technospot on 20 Funky Firefox Extensions and leave your comments.
This week’s link batch.. I really liked the articles Nirmal posted this week
- Unlimited email addresses with one Gmail Account – Nirmal
- Important things to do while changing WordPress themes – Nirmal, again
- Online YouTube Video Editor – YouTube Remixer – Dj
- Increase Productivity with the MeeTimer Firefox Extension – Gili
- Free PDF Compressor tool – Ashish
- Save Last.FM with the Last Ripper – Madhur
- How to use the middle scroll button in your mouse – RamKarthik
- Free eBook reading software from Adobe – Shashank
- Brain as a remote – Brown Baron
- Online presentations with Wink – Ram
Spreading some link love…
- Tips to increase comments on your blog – Nirmal
- Blogging Strategy: Promote your blog with a T-Shirt – Dj Flush
- Humour: The evolution of a programmer – Joel
- Adsense Mistakes that you shouldn’t commit – Ashish
- Slow motion animations in Windows Vista – Madhur
- How to back up Google Calendar? – Gili
- Wallpapers for your mobile phone – Manas
- The future of content industry – Rishi
- How to remove your name from the Top commentators list? – Keith
- Kodak’s next generation Image sensor technology – Shashank
- Tips to generate traffic for your blog – RamKarthik
- Firefox about:config hacks and tips – Beta3
- Tiny utilities for your PC – Pallab
- Jet that carries you to space – Brown Baron
Link love is good…
- Free Softwares to connect Sony Ericsson mobile to PC – Nirmal
- 5 hi-tech USB gadgets – Dj Flush
- Windows XP Black Zune Theme – Joel
- How to increase traffic to your blog with Answers.com – Gili
- Wireless Electricity may become a reality – Ashish
- How to save streaming video? – Pallab
- Youtube’s new type of embedded video player – Madhur
- Firefox Tip : Create Smart Keywords For Searching Websites Easily – Manas
- Hiding affiliate links – good or bad? – Rishi
- How to view the uptime for Windows since Restart – Keith
Hope they’ll be reciprocated
This week’s batch of links:
- 10 High Tech Clock Gadgets – Dj Flush
- A review of Sony Ericsson W580i – Nirmal
- Setting up FTP in Vista using the default Network Location Feature – Joel
- Tips on monetizing your blog – Rishi
- Personalize your blog with custom CSS Bullets – Manas
- Ten jobs you can do with IrfanView Image Viewer – Pallab
- How to add new locations to the Places Bar in the file dialogs – Keith
- The world’s thinnest laptop – Madhur
- Spice up Google Reader – Ashwin
- How to create a Web 2.0-isque favicon – Photoshop Tutorial by Sankar Anand
- Where to get free expressions for AOL Instant Messenger – Gili
- WordWeb: A simple dictionary tool for your PC – Titun
- A car with air as its fuel – Shashank
- Post2Blog Free Desktop Blogging Client – Thilak
- How to disable automatic keyword forwarding – Spot Geek
- Microsoft Surface – My Guest Post on the Thinking Blog
Another batch of links…
- How to add and change the default IE Search engine – LyteByte
- How to convert 3GP Videos to other formats – Nirmal
- How to get traffic from Image Search engines – News Blog
- Posting Frequency: Regular vs Sparse posting – Technical Blog
- How to get rid of the COM Surrogate error in Vista – Madhur
- How to create Web 2.0 Buttons online? – Techie Buzz
- Icon resources for styling bulleted lists – Vivien
- Motorola RAZR 2 Slim Mobile Phone with Haptics technology – Techlivez
- How to delete your eBay Account? – Gili
Hope you’ll enjoy reading them